Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 KIA Sedona was in the Shop last year to have a Timing Belt replaced. When we picked the KIA up, the Cruise Control was no longer working. The Cruise stopped working after the Garage replaced the Timing Belt.

I checked the fusebox under the dash with a test light, fuses seem fine. When I push the Cruise Control button located under the radio, a "Cruise Contol Auto" light appears on the instrument panel. When I cruise down the road at 40 MPH, I have tryed pushing "Resume/Accel" or "Set/Coast" with no results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2000 to 2005 KIA Sedona Cruise Control Module is located on the Passenger side Fenderwell in the Engine Compartment. It is part of the Servo Actuator. The Electrical Plug that connects to the Cruise Control Module is what is used for Diagnostics. Simply unplug the electrical connector and using a 12 Volt Multimeter you can diagnose the entire Cruise Control system minus the Cruise Control Module itself. When I ran this test, everthing check out good, so that means that the problem is with my Cruise Control Module itself. So I'm thinking that when my KIA was in the Garage having the Timing Belts replaced, the module either got bumped hard, or it was just coincidence that it went bad while in the shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts