Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento Ex
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 ex AWD is having some cruise control issues. Every now and then the cruise control will not shut off when it is set after I try to use the cancel button. I have found that it happens usually when it’s cold out. I have to hit the brake or turn off the cruise control. It doesn’t always happen, I’m at 55,000 miles and close to using my 5 year 60000 warranty. How can I get this fixed under warranty if I can’t always duplicate the issue?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,135 Posts
You need to get issues like this in front of the dealer BEFORE the 5/60 runs out so that there's a record of the problem with the current mileage.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento Ex
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does this work if they can’t duplicate before my warranty but can afterwards?

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
452 Posts
You should at least have the service order where it says "customer claims can't turn off cruise control" or some such language. They may not be able to duplicate it but at least there is some record and when/if it becomes permanent, you can at least fall upon the mercy of Kia and hope they will see the former complaints as fair warning that there was a problem.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,430 Posts
If you have not gotten it into the dealer and had them try it you will never know if they can duplicate the issue or not. Like Ecanderson and Tom4416 have stated you need to get this on record before your warranty runs out. Maybe at some point it will start doing it all the time and when you take it back again and again and again when it does they will be on the hook to repair. Keep your maintenance up on it though. They are just sneaky enough to call foul if your maintenance is off. Just saying.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sedona (2 of them)
33 Posts
My 2016 ex AWD is having some cruise control issues. Every now and then the cruise control will not shut off when it is set after I try to use the cancel button. I have found that it happens usually when it’s cold out. I have to hit the brake or turn off the cruise control. It doesn’t always happen, I’m at 55,000 miles and close to using my 5 year 60000 warranty. How can I get this fixed under warranty if I can’t always duplicate the issue?
I'd look at the Cancel button, and an issue with a dirty connection. If you're under warranty drop it off and let them fix it. If not I would spray contact cleaner under that button to see if it clears the issue. If not, price a new button module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts