Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im debating making or buying some pads for my cross bars. Anyone have pictures with brand and price they can post up for comparison.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
I would just go to the local hardware store and buy some foam pipe insulation, cut to size. I use it on my Jeep to haul kayaks. Easy on, easy off and cheap, easily replaced.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will get you a pic of our sorento with factory crossbars. But she is in the shop for the next few days. Let me know if you still want some.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I have the cross bars debating what different cross bar PADs look like. But thanks!

I would just go to the local hardware store and buy some foam pipe insulation, cut to size. I use it on my Jeep to haul kayaks. Easy on, easy off and cheap, easily replaced.
Though about that, but the bars are not round but flat, so far all I have found was round ones. Any ideas? I have not gone to the hardware store yet.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
Just pay the $2.50 for one of the largest internal diameter ones and try it...you'd be surprised how it will open up and cling. An occasional wrap of electrical tape on the ends will secure it...

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah well I tried that already, they are universal pics and I didnt see anything fancy, so I thought some others could maybe have pics of a said brand on thier Sorento so I can see how they actually look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts