1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
now I have 11K miles,
2K miles ago I started to hear creaking sound from back side of car when I go over bump or when start from full stop. If I push back side of car down with my weight - I can hear same sound . Looks like something should be lubed =)
Does anybody have same experience ?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
Mine had a creaking sound on the right passenger side on the second row. I'm hearing it when im going on bumps and uneven roads, but i don't when my wife is sitting on the same spot.

Brought it to Kia last week and they lubed something and it's all gone now.

Just take it to your nearest dealer and tell them your observation.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
i hear the same sound coming from the driver's side when i get out of the car sometimes. it sounds like it is coming from below where the rear door is located. i def plan to mention it when i take it in next time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
now I have 11K miles,
2K miles ago I started to hear creaking sound from back side of car when I go over bump or when start from full stop. If I push back side of car down with my weight - I can hear same sound . Looks like something should be lubed =)
Does anybody have same experience ?
All try to recline back-seat all the way back and drive around check if you can still hear the creaking sounds.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
All try to recline back-seat all the way back and drive around check if you can still hear the creaking sounds.
good point - my rear seat is creaking too. i need to address that as well. the creak i am speaking about above, however, is apparent as soon as i open the door, step out of the car, and take my weight off the springs. as soon as the suspension comes back up when i get out, i hear it coming from under the car. fyi, i weigh 220 pounds.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is not back seat - 100%. I hear that sound from downside of car, near rear wheels or so.
Have scheduled appointment to dealer this Saturday.

·
Registered
SORENTO 2012 V6 EX AWD SUNROOF MOONROOF
116 Posts
Do you have a cargo 'Security Cover' that rolls up or can be pulled out to cover the cargo area, if so make sure its in the 'pulled-out' position, when rolled up likes to creek sometimes.
Also make sure the back seats are not leaning on the 'Security Cover' roller mechanism.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my car checked by dealer. They said , yes car has a strange sound but nothing is wrong , suspension is fine, all bolts are tight , bushings are ok. So they was not able to find something related to sound.
:(((

again, sound is external, it comes underneath car, like right back wheel when I start from full stop or go over bump

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
dmitry, you can check this yourself. A bit of work, but it might be the only way. Use any kind of spray lube. WD-40 is OK. Crawl under and spray just one moving joint in the location of the noise. Get it plenty wet with the lube. Take a test drive where you know it will make the noise. If it noise stops, report this to the lazy dealership. You have found the spot they need to properly repair. If the noise is still there, spray one more moving joint and test drive, etc., etc.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks KLS for note.

I think wd-40 can destroy rubber bushings , since its petroleum based ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem, when I go up a curb on about a 45 degree.
Took it to the dealer. told me it was a body roll squeak, and nothing they can do about it.

·
Registered
SORENTO 2012 V6 EX AWD SUNROOF MOONROOF
116 Posts
I've also noticed a springy creek from the same vicinity, however it's stops when a have passengers in the rear, Suspect it has something to do with the Rear seats..

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
Then again the sound has came back.

I might try what zxenith suggested about pullling out the cargo cover and not letting the passenger seat recline as to touch the cargo cover. Will do it later before I go home.

If not, i'm up for an oil change in the dealer on the 23rd. We'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts