Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one guys - whens it due and what else goes with it - i.e. tensioners, waterpumps the like. Also what other failures creep up with the miles - if murphwhiz or others regulary see anything let us know. cheers eco :beer:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
60k miles, occasionaly find the idelr and tensioner pulleys are a bit rough, unlike vauxhall kia don't say you must replace the tensioners, which is good because they are far far from cheap!!
A complete cambelt, idler tensioner kit for a vauxhall is about £25 if you know where to go, belt alone on the Sedona is £80!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello,

Yes 60k and bl**dy he*l £80 for a cam belt.

Is it a job you might undertake yourself Eco?, I ask 'cause I beleive it's a s*d of a job and would like to know how others get on.
Seacam

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It is a crap job :angry:
No-one actually relishes doing one!
It's mainly for access reasons, afterall a belts a belt, and it's only nuts and bolts, on the sedona it's just where they are hidden...
Tip is to remove Belt side engine mount, and the gearbox mount, to push the engine over enough to give some extra room.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will carry out anything thats not the bare bones "stamp" for the history/warranty (i.e. brakes suspension bushes clutches pumps etc) but the "what if" factor with a cambelt means I pay someone else. However block exemption rules mean any vat registered garage can do it and keep your warranty. Mind you the sedonas not that common so a ring round the rural £30 an hour kia dealers might be in order ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Eco,

I didn't know any vat registered garage could undertake work and not void a vehicle warranty.

Presumably they can stamp the service book as well?

I have spoken to a couple of my local garages out of curosity about the cost of changing my Sedona cam belt, both told me to go back to Kia.

I understand your point about the " what if factor" in my case it would seem, what if I can't find someone other then Kia to do the job, I can see me having to have a go myself, still that a decision I don't have to make yet but it's nice to know how others get on.
Seacam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.K. I have the friendly vat registered "block exemption" £28 an hour garage...... I've got the gist of things but if someone can stick the factory belt instructions or diagrams to go with Murphwiz's advice it would be appreciated :liebe011:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Me I'll service the car myself using once the warranty runs out but I'll pay the £600 for the 60.000 mile service and get it done, (that price includes the cambelt`change)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts