Kia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX Premium Package
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...

had to give up on waiting for my new Sportage from the factory. Ordered it in February and dealer still has no idea when it will ship... so I had to get a different car. Bought a Mazda5..... was really looking forward to the Sportage.

I picked up a few things on eBay that I have posted in the Marketplace / Parts section.

I am waiting to see if I can return the weathertech liners in trade for Mazda ones. If not I will post those here as well.

Thanks all for the my brief time on this forum. Learned a lot about the car.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
i can understand your feeling. i waited 7 months for my sportage to arrive. lol

hope your alternative choice would suite your needs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am selling the following... all new and unopened.

Can be seen in the Parts For Sale section.

1. Rear Cargo Tray.

2. OEM Door Striker Covers.

3. Cargo Net

4. OEM iPod/iPhone cable.

Hopefully somebody will enjoy these!

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,065 Posts
Compromised rather than travel a few hundred miles.......weak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol. Compromising would have been settling for any of the Sportages within 1500 miles of me, none of which met the specs I wanted. In reality, this purchase was always neck and neck between a loaded Mazda5 anyhow since I have 3 kids. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Lol. Compromising would have been settling for any of the Sportages within 1500 miles of me, none of which met the specs I wanted. In reality, this purchase was always neck and neck between a loaded Mazda5 anyhow since I have 3 kids. Thanks for your input.
What were you looking for that couldn't be found in any state west of the Mississippi?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
White EX with Grey Leather and premium package. They found 1. They wanted to charge me $750 to ship west.

I was in no rush at the time so

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX AWD
117 Posts
when i was looking for my sportage back in december 2011, there was only 1AWD EX (i didn't want white) in california. the only other one (silver AWD EX) on the west coast was in alaska, but it wasn't worth the additional $$$ to ship it to me. i believe that someone else on these forums bought it and has posted pix of it, bastid!! :p :D so instead of waiting with no guarantee arrival date i went with the AWD LX. i'm happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
White EX with Grey Leather and premium package. They found 1. They wanted to charge me $750 to ship west.

I was in no rush at the time so
Did they ship it? I would think they could knock off $500-750 from the sticker so at least you wouldn't be paying over the sticker price.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Well if it was below invoice already, an extra 750 meant you were still making out pretty good, no?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. I was getting a great deal but I didn't need a car for 8 weeks so I thought, cool, I can order the exact car from the factory, and save myself some money. Well that was 16 weeks ago. They searched again recently and and found nothing. Plus my salesman had know idea when the car would be completed. It's all good. My wife loves the Mazda5. Picked up a Mazda 3 for myself too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.