Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 sephia has this crazy problem. I will be driving at a constant speed (highway) and the engine just stops giving power. The petal dosen't move, rpms slowley drop, and then it just comes back. Everything I can think of I have a reason It can't be that. It is very random, but once it starts it is sparatic and continues. IT feels like it is not getting fuel or spark. I replaced the fuel filter, plugs, wires, distributor. I took it to auto zone and the guys said that the computer read wrong fuel\air ratio. He told me to run a higher premium fuel it in. It seemed to d the trick, but it still happens once and a while. Has anyone ever seen this before. It is driving me cazy. I took it to the dealership and a local machanic and of course it didn't do it the time they drove the car. I think my car is posesed. It it was bad spark it would stall, I think it might be the injectors, but why would it be so sparatic?? Thanks :huh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the same problem with my 94 Sephia. I replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc. I even had the tranny and the clutch looked at when I couldn't find anything else wrong. It's random and frustrating, but so far I have not found out what it is!! Of course EVERY time I take it to a shop it works just fine!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts