Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Soul sport 2.0 engine
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to troubleshoot why my Kia won’t start. It was my granddaughters car but she moved so I have it. I previously posted that I thought it wouldn’t start because of too much oil, or because oil filler engine cap was missing.. It was in a front end crash but the airbag didn’t deploy so do I still have to replace the crash sensor that’s located near the front of the vehicle?

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,181 Posts
.... I previously posted that I thought it wouldn’t start because of too much oil, or because oil filler engine cap was missing.. ....
There are many things that could cause a no-start, so IMO you would be MUCH better off having it towed to a good independent shop for diagnosis, instead of looking for answers online.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’re right! There’s so many things that can cause a no-start and I’ve learned from experience when trying to correctly “diagnose” say a problem with an appliance and buying part after part only to never get it fixed. So as soon as something goes out on an appliance, I just buy a used one since I wasted much money on buying parts. Thank you for saving me from myself!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently posted about a no-start on my Kia Soul and came across this info on YouTube. I’m going to try it and if anyone else tries it and it works, post on this forum so others can try too
7A92CCAA-053C-49D6-BCF1-3843A1FEFD9A.png

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Have a 2010 Kia soul that was made in Korea. I bought a keyless entry fob online but a locksmith couldn’t program it. I did some research and read that Kias made in Korea need a different type of keyless entry fob than the Kias that are made in the United States. Is this true?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,958 Posts
I Have a 2010 Kia soul that was made in Korea. I bought a keyless entry fob online but a locksmith couldn’t program it. I did some research and read that Kias made in Korea need a different type of keyless entry fob than the Kias that are made in the United States. Is this true?
That doesn't sound right - could you post a link to the article that you researched?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Grammy....
The front end crash isn't causing the car to not start...period...
I believe you are located in the USA (not Canada) so there is no immobilizer (theft prevention) circuitry or need of a "special" key...

The 2010 uses the same engine as the 2006~2009 Spectra and uses a timing belt that may break or jump timing... This Soul also has an OBDII scan port that can possibly supply engine error codes that would help us diagnose your problem(s)... I know that you can't move/drive the car so try to find a friend with an "OBDII reader/scanner that could read the stored codes and bring these code numbers back here for us to see...

What is the mileage on the car? Over about 85k miles (or 5 years) and the timing belt should be replaced to keep it from breaking or jumping over it's rubber teeth... this can damage the engine or simply keep the engine from running...

There are so many variables that can keep a newer car from running and we need as much information to try to diagnose your problem(s) from a distance...
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I lost my remote entry key fob for my 2010 Kia Soul. I bought one online but locksmith said it wouldn’t program. I did some research and read that Kias made in Korea have to have a different remote fob than Kias made in USA. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, does anybody know where I can purchase one?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,958 Posts
I lost my remote entry key fob for my 2010 Kia Soul. I bought one online but locksmith said it wouldn’t program. I did some research and read that Kias made in Korea have to have a different remote fob than Kias made in USA. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, does anybody know where I can purchase one?
That doesn't sound right - could you post a link to the article that you researched?
???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts