Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the crankshaft sensor will cause a no start condition when engine is warmed up 20/30 minutes. The problem I'm having it will run fine as long as you don't shut it off . Restart is possible if you restart with in a couple minutes after that you have to wait 20 minutes to start.
P0171 code was thrown while cranking. Checked for vacuum leaks an changed
the maf sensor from a my other car. No joy.
The engine will start an run well after cooled and the process will start all over again.
Checked ground connections an even added a extra one.
Any thoughts?
Chief

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,694 Posts
When you have a no start /hot, put a cold wet cloth on the sensor. If it then starts you have a heat soak issue.... Philip

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is that heat soak,built into the sensor?
If so would replacing the sensor help or is there more to it?
I will check into this tomorrow if it stops raining.
Philip > thanks for the in put.
chief

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May have worked , applied wet rag and it started . Change sensor an still working.
This sensor is Real Real pita to access. I suggest a person with very small hands and a lot of patience. ( Almost time for the BIG hammer )

Philip thanks for input. > chief

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,694 Posts
May have worked , applied wet rag and it started . Change sensor an still working.
This sensor is Real Real pita to access. I suggest a person with very small hands and a lot of patience. ( Almost time for the BIG hammer )

Philip thanks for input. > chief
Chief, you are welcome, that is a sure fire diagnostic step for any heat soak issue (cool it).. Philip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts