Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 kia sorento lx
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
used a new code reader and it shot me the crankshaft sensor high input code. im at 147000 mi. so im wondering if its just better to let them do timing belt, water pump and crankshaft sensor all at once. without the manual, i have no idea how hard it would be just to do it myself. i work alot and have had 3 back surgeries, so i dont need to over do it. is the crankshaft sensor something thats easy to get to or will i have to rip apart front end? thanks for any help.also, does anyone know what they are charging for all of of this to be done at dealership?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
401 Posts
Timing Belts Parts

Usually the timing belt should be replaced every 60K and the Water Pump every 120K.

As for your question, yes get it ALL done in one go and make sure you also change the Timing Belt Tensioner, Idler Pulleys, Oil Seals for the CAM/Crankshaft and new CrankShart Bolt. Don't use the old one, it's only about $10 for a new bolt.

As for the cost of the whole job including Original KIA Parts, I did mine at a trusted garage for about $300 labor and got the original KIA parts from the local dealer (image attached). You will not see the crankshaft bolt in the list because I purchased one previously and kept it in the car as spare. I also recommend to get the Transmission Oil Filter (Stainer Assy) and replace the Transmission oil too.

Note the prices of the attached image are in local UAE money which is 3.68 to the dollar. So the final price 1,330 is $361 USA.

Although, you can find compatible parts at RockAuto.com and elsewhere that other member may recommend, I always prefer the original parts.

Good Luck.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts