Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to replace the crankshaft sensor and I can't find a detailed diagram of the engine. I tried several searches on this forum and couldn't get a clear answer, either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea where I go from there? I registered, but can't find anything else, specific, or a search option. We have the manual, but that doesn't have a diagram.

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
For future reference, it is under 'Service Materials' then "Service Info'. Select model, year, engine, and use keywords to search.

Attached is what you are looking for. 3.8 is V6 and 4.8 is V8.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just out of curiousity, are you changing it because of a P0025 engine code? I know the code is a camshaft position sensor light, but I ordered a Borrego repair manual and there are a lot of other things that could cause this (#1 is dirty oil). While I was deployed and the wife was doing the oil changes, she was using synthetic. When I got back and was doing them, I did not ask her because we weren't using it before I left. So, I started using non synthetic and started getting the light and that code. I probably did 4 oil changes with non synthetic, so when I found that out, I started doing short changes with synthetic and the light is coming on less frequently (it's working itself out). Just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
09 Borrego EX V8 2WD
103 Posts
Where is the crankshaft position sensor located n a 2009 KIA borrego?
Looking at the pdf files Smuook sent in Sept 2012 on this thread, it appears the crankshaft sensor is located on the bell housing of the transmission.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The links are not working for me and now they have looked down the manuals on the site mentioned to fee based. Anyone still have the 3.8 PDF above they can repost?
TIA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts