Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an '04 Sorento with 84,000 miles:rolleyes: and it quit while on the way home! It started after a few minutes (with a "check engine" light) and I made to my driveway. I plugged my code scanner in and it read "P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit". I've heard that sometimes and in some models, low battery voltage or a weak starter can can trigger a Crankshaft Position Sensor code. Any comments? This is my first post, so go easy on me!:D

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
KIAs of years around yours have problems with crank sensors and they are listed on ebay for around $50 new. The 2.7L Optima crank sensors were real buggers.
It looks like the 3.5L is starting to have problems with these sensors also.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Oh...BTW...
Be sure to change the timing belt on the 3.5L V6 as KIA has interference type engines and "if" the belt breaks you trash the engine... KIA says every 60k or 5yrs on this belt.
Fits Hyundai Kia 3 5L Timing Belt Set Hydraulic Tensioner Auto Adjuster G6CU | eBay

P.S.....
You have what is thought of as a "low mileage" KIA..85k is nothing "if" the engines are maintained as per the owners manual...
Dave

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
No special tools needed to change the sensors and belt. There is a tutorial in the stickies that shows how to lock the camshafts in place with regular bolts and nuts to keep them from moving when you take the belt off.
I had to do my '05 last year at 55,000mi for the same fault. If you do the Crankshaft sensor, might as well do the Camshaft sensor too, and maybe the water pump, as thoset will require the removal of the timing belt as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts