Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My 2016Kia soul 2.0 has been randomly not starting . it will crank but wont start unless i mash the gas pedal iv search the forum most say the purge valve wich i changed it has don it less.
No codes battery is good any idea what would it be would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Soul Sport
1 Posts
Fuel relay fuse maybe.I had this problem on my 2010 Kia Soul.I changed it & didn't have anymore issues til yesterday.Found out my Idle Air Control Valve needs to be replaced,this will be done tomorrow.But I have been finding out that this Idle Air Control Valve isn't in stock at NAPA,O'Reilly,Advanced Auto & Auto Zone.Had to get it thru Google search.Then learned about walkerproducts.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv check fuse and relay same issue. It has gotten worse now it cut of randomly i decided to change the fuel pump in the tank 80$ delphi easy to take out put new pump in you can hear it turn on but its not sending gas thru the line theres a quarter tank of gas in the tank some one told me i might have to put more gas in to complete submerge the pump to get the air packets. Not sure of this . other i might need the hole assembly.

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,426 Posts
Any fuel pressure testing?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well everything check out ok now with the pump i gott the car to start for now but but still having the issue plus changed the reley to see no luck . dont know what else could it be crankshaft senser or front fuel pump. .

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,085 Posts
Well everything check out ok now with the pump i gott the car to start for now but but still having the issue plus changed the reley to see no luck . dont know what else could it be crankshaft senser or front fuel pump. .
What issue you still having?

It could be the crankshaft sensor, but could also be 100 other things, but you'll only know if you start doing some diagnostics.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes it starts normal and sometimes it cranks but doesnt start unless i give it gas .

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welll it finaly died took it the the shop apparently its the high pressure pump up front. code 0087 low fuel pressure. Part cost 459$ delphi original cost over 1000 😳 now just got to wait till it get here no one in P.R is got it in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts