Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a 97 sephia, 5spd. I am going through the owner's manual to bring the car up-to-date with maintenance and came across how to check the clutch fluid. Now it has only a picture of the plastic container without anything around it and in the text it doesn't tell you where it is. I am going up and down under the hood and can't find a clutch fluid container. Anybody knows if this has a cable clutch and the stuff written in the owner's manual is for another model?
The clutch is kind of loose in the 1st 1.5 inches, but when you push it to the floor it functions OK, no problems shifting etc.; Is this normal?

·
Registered
126 Posts
To a fellow owner: I have a 1999 Sephia and it too shows a bottle under the hood below the brake reservoir that is for clutch fluid. And I too am at a loss to find the pictured bottle search as I might. :mellow: I just keyed a round yellow thingie. I can only assume that the fluid in the brake reservoir supplies the fluid for the clutch. It must. As far as bleeding the hydraulic clutch I haven't needed to attempt that yet(good). Let me know if you figure anything more out. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I think it should be the same reservoir, I checked and seems like one extra tube taking off from it. Well I hope this is going to last, otherwise it could be expensive fix. Also my brakes are kind of low and make a little noise. The pads are almost new but the rotor is marginal. I am planning to change them. I have ordered Raybestos. Any comment on what works better on these cars and any specifics as far as potential problems during the procedure. I am just a regular everday driver, so don't need any performance mods etc.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, I know Im new here but I do have some guidance. In my 1996 Kia sephia the resivior for the clutch master cylinder is about 6-8" towards the drivers side of the car, against the firewall, from the brake master cylinder. it is avout 3" tall white tube with a 1.5" dia black cap on top.

Anyone have an idea as to why this would randomly "drain" causing the clutch to not work??

:liebe011:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most probably you have a hydrolic pump failure. It starts with leaking past the seals. The other thing I will look into is a crack at the base of the plastic (if it is) container. But this would normally leak persistantly rtaher than random. Have it checked now rather than 2 AM in a blizzard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts