Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,
Car is a year 2000 Sporty. DOHC 16v manual petrol UK version.
After a bit of maintenance I forgot to do up tight the ringed lead on the alternator (generator in the US ?). The harness plug was in and the ring lead was on but loose. I drove it for about 40 miles and stopped to get a drink. When I came out the car wouldn't start as the battery was dead. I checked and found the loose lead. It had obviously gotten very hot as the plastic covering on the wire was molten near to the ring. I cleaned everything up and got it started with a jump pack I had with me and came home. The battery charged ok but my starting and idling has gotten progressively worse to the point now where it will not start unless easy start is squirted into the air intake. It fires up but doesn't run. Without the easy start it doesn't even fire. There is fuel pressure.
Would the lack of current power while running have damaged any of the sensors ? MAF, TPS, O2 or even the ECM.
Just wondered if I've addled my motors brain ?

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,696 Posts
Alternators (A/C) and generator (D/C), are the same in the colonies as they are in the motherland.....

If you have fuel pressure (tested), you need to use a noid to ascertain if the signal is reaching the injectors..... Philip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts