Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Shuma ( Kia Sephia) year 2000, Automatic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am using GDS as my workshop manual for kia sephia

as GDS written , why using high-pressure manual valve to charge system with refrigerant gas ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Rondo and 2000 Tacoma
111 Posts
I’m no AC expert but I’ve done lots of AC work ( I have vacuum pump, ac gauges, leak tester, dyes ).......I always charge the system from the LOW SIDE with Freon vapor ( not liquid Freon)

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
I have recharged many KIAs and Hyundais over the years and have never used the High side of my gauges to recharge the systems... Always the low side...

The manufacturers do recommend NOT allowing refrigerant to enter the LOW side as liquid....only as gas... but I have never destroyed a compressor by doing so (knock on wood)...

Be careful adding refrigerant to a system that all ready has a partial charge as over-charging the system CAN damage the compressor...

Evacuating an R134A type system is a MUST if air has been allowed to enter it... R134A and the newer R1234yf refrigerants will react with air and create an acid that WILL attack the AC system...

The R1234yf is the "new" refrigerant used in most cars 2016 and up and the system connectors are different from a R134A system...
Dave

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts