Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been experiencing overheating, the radiator was cold so i thought the water was not circulating.
i flushed the rad and now the engine is running cold.
the water in the expantion tank does,nt seem to move so i thinking it is the water pump.
can i run it running cold.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
It could be a number of things..

Water in the expansion tank wont move until the engine is up to normal operating temperature. The cap should be firmly closed.

Have you been loosing coolant? Has the level dropped and have you had to top it up?

Does your Radiator cooling fan cut in when your temperature gauge needle is at its normal operating temp. This is the area on the gauge it used to be at before you experienced the overheating problem. If it does not run then it may be the fan temperature sensor switch or at worst a fautly fan. Is the fan fuse OK?

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Just reread your post it might be a stuck thermostat.

Simon

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Maybe thermostat, but also check the cooling pipes to the rear heater aren;t leaking.
VERY common failure point of the cooling system.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
check the cooling pipes to the rear heater aren;t leaking.
VERY common failure point of the cooling system
Webbo sorry for the thread hijack.

Is there a particular area wich maybe vunerable on these pipes where they might leak? Just out of interest really seeing as they travel the full length of the car.

Can they be isolated in the event of a problem?

Simon

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
There are 2 legnths of unlagged unrpotected pipe, goes from approx just forward of C pillar to the rear rubber pipe joints just behind the off side rear wheel.
It is recommended to coat with underseal, newer models are better protected, but it's worth doing yourself to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts