Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Sportage SX Turbo. I used the cooled seats the other day for the first time and I did not feel a thing. It does sound like a fan comes on but that's it. My wife has cooled seats in her Jeep and within a matter of minutes it feels like you are sitting on a block of ice. Anyone else have this issue? Are they actually cooled or does it just run a fan that blows air? It seems to me it should be actually cooling the seat not just blow air.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The only "cooling" comes from the fan circulating the cooled interior air through the seat. Once the interior of the car is cool, it will circulate that air directly against you backside.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
It does work as I can feel my bottom and back being cooled (a little) its not great and you really have to run the A/C almost full blast to notice the effect on the seats. It should have been implemented better.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you get in the car on a hot, humid day after working/exercising, you'll find that the 'cool' seats work as advertised. I usually have to turn mine down after a couple minutes. Even if its not hot and humid, if you get in the car with wet or moist clothing you should run the fan to keep the seat dry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got into mine on a hot day was about 90 and I didnt notice anything. Wonder if its just my expectations or if mine arent working correctly. Guess I will try it a few more times and if it seems they arent doing anything I will have the dealer look at them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your a\c needs to on. At least fan 3. It takes a few minutes. Had mine on yesterday. I could feel the cooling. It's not like being in a freezer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got into mine on a hot day was about 90 and I didnt notice anything. Wonder if its just my expectations or if mine arent working correctly. Guess I will try it a few more times and if it seems they arent doing anything I will have the dealer look at them.
It doesn't have a self contained cooling unit. All this system does is recirculate the interior air through the seat. If the interior is hot, the air circulating through seat will be hot/warm. For a cooling effect you have to have your AC on and have the interior cooling down, once the interior begins to cool, you should notice cooler air being forced through the seat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
People think there is an air conditioner in the seats and there expectations are high. My Cadillac STS was the first car I had that had this feature and I was initially disappointed when I used it. Once I understood how it worked I realized I had to have my A/C up and the cabin cooling down.

·
Registered
818 Posts
When your butt is sweaty and its hot and humid outside, this feature really comes into play. I didn't want to get graphic but some of you I felt were not getting the message. Really, just getting into the very hot car and taking off, the AC comes on automatically and if the seat is very hot, I'll turn on the seat fan. It really cools a seat down fast, just another nice touch to make you be more comfortable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
pcguy
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing