Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento & 2014 Kia Forte
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Sorento with the 3.3. This morning before work I went to add windshield washing fluid and noticed the coolant level was low in the reservoir (way below the L level line). Temperature was belowing freezing for the first time since I've owned the vehicle, so not sure if that something to do with it being low.

My question is, which line should I top it off to when the engine is cold? Vehicles in the past had a cold and hot line and I've read in some places where people say to top it off the low level when cold and say say top it to the full level when cold.

I'm just trying to get it to the correct line, denote it with a sharpie on the reservoir to track/trend to see if I'm having an issue before taking it to the dealership.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
814 Posts
If you have not checked it before, they seem to come from the factory that way. I had to add a bit to my 2016 and my 2019 when they were pretty new and I noticed it. Fill only to the cold line when it is cold. I never had to add any more after that one time.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
520 Posts
Since it's cold outside, I'd just fill it 3/4 between the lines on cold engine, check level when engine is hot and top up to top line if needed.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento & 2014 Kia Forte
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. It definitely looks like I have a leak. It's a little wet on the one side of the radiator. Guess I need to give the dealership a call for some warranty work.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX AWD
52 Posts
Last trip to the dealer on paperwork they documented filling my reserve coolant tank. I guess I didn’t notice when I check oil level every 1000 miles.
Funny that my dealer had a radiator coolant sale that week as well. Guess I should have bought some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts