Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 Sedona LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in a diagram that there is a length of hose and a clamp from the cap to the inside of the tank, but it seems to be missing in my van. I asked the Kia parts dept, but guy told me the only hose he sees in the illustration is from the radiator to the overflow tank. I there supposed to be a hose there? If so, what size is it?

Thank you,

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I noticed in a diagram that there is a length of hose and a clamp from the cap to the inside of the tank, but it seems to be missing in my van. I asked the Kia parts dept, but guy told me the only hose he sees in the illustration is from the radiator to the overflow tank. I there supposed to be a hose there? If so, what size is it?
The only hose you normally see here is just below the cap to a plastic overflow tank with a capacity of a few litres. If it is meant to be there on your vehicle, the connectors will give you an idea of the size (about half an inch). The hose (or an extension) goes to the bottom of the tank, in order to suck back the coolant when cold.

Some cars may not have the overflow system. e.g. Your vehicle may have some sort of generic replacement radiator. You can get by without the overflow system.

·
Registered
05 Sedona LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a different dealer with a diagram showing the parts. Since the overflow tank comes as a complete unit, there's no part number for the hose. In any case, he gave me a section of hose and sent me on my way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts