Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello... 2006 Kia Sorento with a drip, drip, drip from possibly a hose. I tried to get a photo from underneath the vehicle... can't see where it's coming from from the above.

Leak seems to be straight up in the photo attached and I can see coolant rolling down a hose before it drips where the hose curves.

The coolant was just below the bottom line on the tank so I filled it to the proper level and it all drained out to where it was before I filled it after I parked it after a 5 mile trip. Now it's just a slow drip again.

It has the old overflow tank. Can see the ribbed bottom when I look through inside the tank but the leak is about midway center of the vehicle so I don't think it's the tank though I will replace that after reading the problem with them here on the forum.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Old Sorentos suffered from coolant reservoirs and heater core hose elbow both cracking. Sometimes replacing the reservoir leads to the elbow cracking further.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old Sorentos suffered from coolant reservoirs and heater core hose elbow both cracking. Sometimes replacing the reservoir leads to the elbow cracking further.
Thanks! I haven't replaced the reservoir yet.

Any explanation why the coolant leave a puddle under the car after I refill the overflow and drive/stop then slows to a small drip?

Coolant is low.
Refill to between the lines on the bottle.
Drive till warm, shut off
Coolant leaks until it's back at the level where it was before I fill it.
Then it's just a small drip that seems to be coming from the top rolling down a hose.
Why would it stop to just a drip at that level?
DOES NOT appear to be coming from the reservoir as the drips land below the center towards the back of the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts