Kia Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sedona SXL
10 Posts
Did you have to run the wire to the engine bay or did you locate the wire under the dash? If the bay, where did you penetrate that? If under, about where?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Sedona SX
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did you have to run the wire to the engine bay or did you locate the wire under the dash? If the bay, where did you penetrate that? If under, about where?

Thanks
I didn't do anything inside the cabin or under the dash. The fuse I tapped is in the engine bay fuse box.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
25 Posts
So basically you:

1. Cut the green wire on the drivers side
2. Cut the yellow wire on the passengers side
3. Tap into the green and yellow wires and run those to the Add A Circuit

Am I correct? Also, what fuse can I tap into since I have an SX-L with radar cruise control.

TIA

·
Registered
2016 Sedona SX
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So basically you:

Am I correct? Also, what fuse can I tap into since I have an SX-L with radar cruise control.

TIA
Yep, it's as easy as that. You could tap the same fuse if you want. These little LEDs aren't using too much load. The add-a-circuit should handle it just fine.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,804 Posts
So basically you:

TIA
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you sure these are not going to burn the LEDs out. On Sorento forum one guy tried this out and turns out the LEDs take 9v and 12v from the battery will burn them out.
I took my headlamp to home and check what is with LED voltage.

20190905_184125.jpg

In the bottom of the headlamp is a round cap:

20190905_184148.jpg

When You open it, You`ll see green board:

20190905_184158.jpg

This is driver/stabiliser for LED beacuse in instalation 12V never is the constant voltage. It is different (from 12,5V to over 14V) LED will blinking. This electronic board prevent this.

This driver is very simple - two transistor or linear stabiliser like 7809 or 7812 (I can`t read from IC) and capacitor.

20190905_184208.jpg

21 - 29 of 29 Posts