Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX V6, 2014 Kia Cadenza Premium
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Sorento SX. I'm a rabid Android Auto User but have been plagued with disconnects to my phone (Samsung S9) . I have tried numerous cables to no avail. Is there a Wireless conversion that anyone knows about?

·
Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid EX
68 Posts
This unit works with Android Auto, and it works on the 2019 Sorento. If your 2016 Sorento has Android Auto it should work. It's kind of expensive though. It plugs into the USB port where you would normally plug your phone in. There may be another version that works better with your vehicle.

·
Registered
2016 sorento ex v6 awd wisconsin
155 Posts
Same here on aawireless, it works great mostly. If you are getting wired disconnects even with different data cables I suspect maybe phone or car ports dirty or faulty. Try blowing out with compressed air. Any dongle will still have to be plugged into that port.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3L V6
226 Posts
I got the Carsifi wireless adapter after trying to get the Motorola unit for months. I'm very happy with its performance.

·
Registered
2019 KIA Sorento AWD 2.2 CRDI
21 Posts
Same here on aawireless, it works great mostly. If you are getting wired disconnects even with different data cables I suspect maybe phone or car ports dirty or faulty. Try blowing out with compressed air. Any dongle will still have to be plugged into that port.
Agreed, also get a cable from Amazon that specifically says it works well with Android Auto (read reviews). I said it could not be the cable as I tried 4-5 different ones from around the house. Bought a two pack off Amazon with reviews that it works with AA and I have not had one issue with the new cables.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
2,237 Posts
Looking at the reviews, the MA1 seems to have the least issues with dropping connection and general overall reliability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts