Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I m a proud new owner of a new Ceed which I received today. So far, I'm very happy!
Since I mostly listen to music on my (jailbroken) iPhone, I decided to give that a go - works perfectly with the iPod app via USB and A2DP (bluetooth). Yay.

The most music is on my Spotify app, tho - and that works flawlessly with bluetooth, too. I am able to control it with the steering wheel.
BUT - when I connect the phone via USB, it changes to "iPod mode" - changing volume still works, but next/previous track now stops Spotify, starts the normal iPod app, and starts the next track there. I also seem to be unable to restart via bluetooth as soon as it's connected via USB - so it's either recharge or listen to Spotify. That's ... meh.
Any solutions to this problem yet? I've seen a few threads here and there, but no clear answers. Thanks!

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Cleanest solution would be a car charger for the iphone, then it'll charge as normal & you can run Bluetooth all day if you fancy.

Try this first: plug your USB cable just 3-5mm into the car socket;
The two outer connectors of a usb plug are longer 'power' connectors, so it'll charge without recognising the USB device.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(Thread necromancy, sorry). Or you could use a USB condom - you can get USB power only cables which don't have data lines hooked up so that your device will charge but not connect. Some companies mandate them so that "dirty" USB devices aren't connected to their systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts