Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mazda cx5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked af comparable trim levels in Honda, Toyota and Chrysler. Honda and Kia seem to be at the same level. Didnt care much about the Toyota and Chrysler was just ok.

Going back and forth between Kia and Honda.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Kia with 3.3 V6 is pretty dependable. The Honda may have better resale value in five years.

Reactions: Vinnumber

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
310 Posts
I bought mine new in '16 and it's been super reliable. Aside from the sliding door fix, nothing else has been an issue. I now have 96K miles. I would definitely buy one again (though with the 8-spd, vs the 6-spd in mine)

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,374 Posts
Which Honda are you considering?

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
310 Posts
Go with an SX, the EX will not have many features the SX does.
In '16 they had 5 trims: L, LX, EX, SX, SX-L. Looks like they've dropped the top & bottom trims.
Mine's an SX and I love all its features.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD
237 Posts
Odyssey rates high except for bad reliability on last few year models (CR). New redone Sienna (also comes AWD) is rated top notch in current CR review. Sedona was always a notch lower but had decent reliability and costs less. Why don't you research the new Kia Carnival which takes the place of the Sedona?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get a test drive between your models which you consider buying.
Hesitated between Sienna and Sedona 2020. The Sedona drove like a VUS (like my traded RAV4 2015, wanted 8 passengers and minimim 3 car seats) and Sienna had too much of body roll, less comfortable seats and imprecise handling.

Most of the problems are now fixed, the model is released in 2015.You should get a normal and easy maintenance without much trouble. The washer fluid motor will probably leak after a few years. Not too much pricey.

On my research, the 3.3L V6 is made since 2013, fixed slide doors(recalled), fixed some V6 production issue in 2018, the transmission is 8-spd since 2019,imo, they should have kept the 6spd and wait the new release... the new Carnival has a new wet dual-clutch trans.

The car seems a rail road rust magnet, but fixed with proper paint care (silver gray color) The doors had more rail rust to clean specially at the bottom where the panels are curved, versus my RAV4 but strangely the trunk was cleaner.

The multimedia and bluetooth works good, pretty much trouble-free.

Did not consider the Honda because of the interest rate (4-5% vs 1.99%) and the bad reputation of the transmission being abysmal.

·
Registered
'15 Kia Sedona SX
176 Posts
Two-year-old prior lease dealer-serviced CPO Kia was a suuuuper buy for me. I'm still laughing. Let KIA depreciation work in your favor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts