Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I look out for when considereing a 2011 Sorento V6 EX AWD? I am going to look at a used one this evening.

I know that there were some early build concerns - were these fixed through recalls, or is there an ongoing problem? Any specific dates to avoid?

Anything elses that you can help out with would be much appreciated!

After exploring a lot of options, we have decided that either used or new, this is the car that we want.

thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
731 Posts
If you can wait for a while, wait for Sorento 2014. Currently launched in Korea. You can see the official commercial in Youtube. New Sorento having much updated features although the looks yet lifted into another level. From its front fogs up to the tailgate tail lights. They modified the looks based on the original bodies of EX and LX not derived from SX maybe on later their models. I believe in Korea these new features are standard but here maybe Dealers may raked a lot of money for each new feature as additional options. To my estimate the LX base with these new models and standard features will cost not lessthan 25k and the fully loaded EX approximately cost, shall I say...27-30k which will became pricer like Toyotas and Hondas. because their design and features evolves competively in the market...Good job Kia/Hyundai...

Some of new features noted:

Parking assist, Blind Spot detectore, lane departure, suspension selection, 19" wheels, new center console design, GDI maybe turbo, etc..

Regarding your question, EX, V6, AWD is a very clever choice yet its nearly cost you like having an SX..

Goodluck for you search...

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX V6 AWD
16 Posts
I got my 2011 v6 awd ex used in may. I love it. one thing that i wish it would have is leather seats. It only has leather on the outsides with cloth on the center parts.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
Check the manufacture date of any 2011 Sorento. Look for one made after Sept/Oct 2011. Have a lot of updates that were made, ie. power hood lifts, better shocks, alternator updated, CPU reprogramed, etc.. Also check the KIA tech support updates. These are no cost updates to the vehicle.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX GDI AWD Bright Silver, 2012 Rio LX+ GDI Clear White
63 Posts
Check the manufacture date of any 2011 Sorento. Look for one made after Sept/Oct 2011. Have a lot of updates that were made, ie. power hood lifts, better shocks, alternator updated, CPU reprogramed, etc.. Also check the KIA tech support updates. These are no cost updates to the vehicle.
Aren't cars made after this date being considered a 2012 ? The MY usually change when september begin.

Mine is a 2012 and when I check the plate on inside the driver door frame, it mention it's built in october 2011 in KMMG.

·
Registered
Bright Silver Sorento EX V6 Luxury + 3rd Row (10.8L / 100Km Summer, 12.L / 100Km Winter)
101 Posts
A couple of small things should already have been done on your 2011.

- Center Console Fix for Rattles
- Interior Mood Lighting for Bad Wires
- Passenger Side Seat bracket
- Possible Rust Spot in the center of Hatch, under window. Fixed under warranty
- Gas Door Sticky. Fixed under Waranty.

Some bulbs also got replaced under warranty but not affecting all models.

Happy buying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts