Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm presently running a 1.5 1999 shuma, but theres only really my wife and myself that go anywhere in the car, so I'm looking to maybe buy something smaller i.e a picanto.

Here's where I need some advice:

I presently drive aroung 16000 miles a year 90% of which is motorway driving at a steady 70mph (no honestly, I don't speed!)

I've read the spec on the picanto and see that 70mph is well under its max speed, will I be pushing it a bit driving this many miles at 70mph? or will the car handle it?

I dont want to buy one and find that its too much work for it when my shuma easily copes and theres nothing wrong with it (just fancy a brand new car :D )

Given that the kia specs dont appear much different between the 1.0 and the 1.1, anyone care to comment on the benefits of the 1.1 over the 1.0?

Any advice gratefully received

·
Registered
8 Posts
:) We use our Picanto SE on all sorts of roads and she drives great. Sometimes on the motorway we think she's doing about 60-70mph, look down, she's doing 90!!!! We don't speed either - HONEST!!!! Got to say now she's done nearly 7000 miles she's driving better than ever. If you are thinking of getting one, stop thinking and GET! These are fantastic little cars. One of the editors of Autocar (U.K. Magazine) has been driving one for months. She seems well impressed. We hired a Fiat Panda in France with 5000km. on the clock and it was crap compared to the Picanto. It was great in town. Very good on normal roads. Uselesss on Autoroutes. Our Picanto is superior on ALL roads.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, the picanto rocks, get one.
I've done similar to olwyn007, the ride is so smooth and quiet compared to some cars you end up going faster than you think you are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Rick

Just in case you are looking for a Picanto. My brother recently died. I am selling his 1.0gs, Oct 04, Silver, 4kmiles. About £4700

I am in Northern Ireland but will deliver to anywhere in the UK.

The car is NI registered, so anyone in GB can re-register it with a new 55 plate.

If you want any further information please post a reply and I will make personal contact.

Thanks Colin Kinsella

1 - 4 of 4 Posts