Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I'm in the market for a new car and I'm considering a 2013 Kia Optima SXL, among others. I haven't gone to the dealer yet or anything, as I'm just researching different cars right now. The question I have is in regards to the whole UVO or navigation situation.

I know that the Optima SXL comes with the navigation, which removes the UVO system. Does that mean I would be unable to operate my iPod/phone through voice commands?

Thanks for the help.

Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an SX and use an iPod all the time....I can't answer your question as far as voice command because hitting the button on the steering wheel is way too easy.

·
Registered
13 Optima T-GDI, 08 Rondo, 06 Spectra, 04 Optima
110 Posts
We looked at both SX and SXL. The SXL did have voice command, but not uvo. I believe its more like the voice commands you get with the base radio so it's not as extensive. In the end we chose the SX because we couldn't justify the $5K more for white seats the dealer was going to charge. My wife also liked the UVO and HD radio options not available in the SXL. And our $99 tomtom with free lifetime traffic and map updates fills the gap nicely;)
Performance and features otherwise are identical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts