Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a loss...looking for suggestions for the following problem:

Affected items: Left and right power sliding doors, and power lift gate.

What works:
1) I can open/close the sliding doors and lift gate with the remote.
2) I can open/close the sliding doors and lift gate with the buttons in the driver compartment.

What doesn't work:
1) If I pull the handle - door clicks open, no power (dead).
2) When the door is open, If I pull handle to initiate close - nothing.
3) If I push the buttons by the side doors (when open) - long tone/beep - nothing.
4) If the passenger pulls the handle - releases and then nothing.
5) If the passenger pushes the button when the door is closed - beeps.
6) If I pull the handle on the lift gate - releases the latch - no power.
7) If the lift gate is open and I push the button on the gate to close, beeps and nothing.

I can override all actions with the remote. I'm at a loss what could be causing this type of failure (fuze?). I'm stationed in Germany and the Kia dealer told me their diagnostic computer could not tell me the fault (since it is an U.S. Spec vehicle and German/European Spec cars don't have these power door features).

Ideas?

Thanks, Doug

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
On the overhead console, there is a button labeled "PWR" all the way to the right, next to the tailgate button. Push the PWR button to the detent position, and your functions will be returned to normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GregsKia...thanks for making me feel an inch tall. Oh my gosh, I swore I had checked that switch! Oh well, it worked!!! Thanks, Lomsy

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Don't worry, it's an easy thing to overlook. The dealer I use says they get about 3-4 calls per week for this same issue! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts