Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, ran a compression test on 2.4L this morning.

Cylinder 1 140
Cylinder 2 150
Cylinder 3 160
Cylinder 4 200

Now realize the car does not run as of yet so these numbers are based on a cold engine, and I am not sure how this affects compression. DaveSpectra has been a great help so far.

So does this tell me i have bent valves, because I would have thought those numbers would be significantly lower if that were the case, but I am probably wrong in that assumption.

Please let me know what you all think

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update CAS Blade

Here is an update to my no start issue.

I pulled the plugs for the compression test, and I noticed something odd.
The camshaft sprockets are perfectly aligned to the rocker cover marks and the oil sprocket hits its mark every few turns.

Here in lies the rub. I now noticed that the crankshaft angle sensor blade is not on its mark when number 1 is TDC. It is at approximately the 1-2 o'clock area. My 64,000 dollar question is this.

How the heck do I get it back. Can i just get the cam sprockets close release the TB and move the crank by hand to get it to align??? Or can I remove the TB and rotate the crank backwards maybe 1/16th of a revolution?? Can anyone please help me to get all these marks to be in sync.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there a back story to this I don't know, did the timing belt originally break? You seem concerned about bent valves is why i ask.

On the 2.4 the timing is synchronized via 5 timing marks, --> Crank, Oil pump, cam1, cam2, and balance shaft. So which ones are off? You mentions the cams off from crank, that in its self is a problem. Can you take pictures so I can see what your talking about?

The cas blade doesn't move independent of the crank so the crank timing should handle the cas and ckps too. If it is off like you say it is then you may have to take the belt off to fix it. I have a question myself on the forums here and I have my engine torn apart to do the water pump again... and my belt seems like it sits funny, but the timing is fine so idk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts