Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Aug 2010 Kia Sportage 2.0 Diesel First Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
I would be very grateful for any information from members on a small component which has detached itself from the underside of my Sportage First Edition. The component in question is a short piece of stainless steel about 5 centimeters long with an attached bolt thread about 2.5 centimeters long. The component has become detached from a point on the underside of the car, under the rear door area, just behind the protective hard plastic cover.
I would be grateful if any members could identify this component for me and advise as to whether it is likely to be safe to drive the car to a Kia garage to have the component re-attached.
Many Thanks for anyone's help on this problem

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What model/year is your car, and we can then move this post to the appropriate section of the forum where it will generate more interest specific to your model.

A photo or two would help.

Please fill in your profile detail.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
maybe some sort of heat shield as mentioned a photo sure would help and fill in the profile and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Aug 2010 Kia Sportage 2.0 Diesel First Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ron1004 my model is a Kia Sportage 2.0 Diesel First Edition registered in August 2010. I will try to get a photo of the component onto the thread tomorrow. Will fill in profile detail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts