Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first ride in Optima impressed me greatly n I was completely enthralled :D … inside its too luxurious n outside its classy. Optima can easily beat all time great sedans like Sonata.

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
You will see less and less of the Sonata bleeding into the Optima and vice versa over time according to Hyundai. For example, Kia engineers tune the Optima suspension a bit different than the way Hyundai does its Sonata. Many of the two brands models will continue to share "platforms and power trains" but not necessarily exactly in the same way. I don't see it as a bad thing that Optima currently takes after the well thought of Sonata. I do hope with the next redesign that customers will see a big enough difference in the two models to want to go the Kia route instead of Hyundai. Already engine offerings are slightly different as announced by Kia for the 2006.5 Optima. Suspension tuning is a priority with the new Kia USA president too. It is a win win situation for everybody I think to see Kia recognized on its on merits too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts