Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in a bind. I forgot to renew my registration (requires OBD2 test) and my car broke down and needs to be fixed. I want to sell this car to my friend once I get it fixed. Can I use my car title to qualify?

Edit: Can I use my existing car title to qualify for the Kia Competitive Bonus?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
To qualify for what??? A registration is not needed to sell a car....only the title..
Then he will need to get the car inspected in Illinois.
Dave

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
i would think not as the registration is expired and when you you do get it registered it will have to be in your name but you can try it with the title its all about how the competitive bonus is worded from KIA.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
I did not "see" that he was going to buy a new KIA...I thought he was just selling his car to a friend which requires a title but not a registration...
After your (Ken's) post I looked up "KIA Competitive Bonus" to educate myself.
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would think not as the registration is expired and when you you do get it registered it will have to be in your name but you can try it with the title its all about how the competitive bonus is worded from KIA.
I thought a Car Title is a stronger proof of ownership as the owner can have the car registered in someone else's name in my state.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
I thought a Car Title is a stronger proof of ownership as the owner can have the car registered in someone else's name in my state.
see the link i gave you or call KIA 1-800-333-4542 and ask them and you can get from the source.;) and I Quote customer must show proof of qualifying ownership (CURRENT REGISTRATION) read the link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts