Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2004 ex model from the dealer about two months ago and now have about 2800 km on it, I'm hopeing the mileage gets better as the engine breaks in, but one quick I noticed is the compass, I could be going north and it will tell me i'm going SW, hell I can turn 360 degrees and it won't change, then suddenly it starts to work again, on other times it sits there and flashs, does anyone else have the similar problem or is mine just shot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine works just fine, sound like yours is bust.

PS. Anything good happening in Calgary in August, i'm visiting on vacation?
do the Flames start their pre-seasons by then?

Simeon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by monza64@Feb 24 2005, 12:44 PM
Bought my 2004 ex model from the dealer about two months ago and now have about 2800 km on it, I'm hopeing the mileage gets better as the engine breaks in, but one quick I noticed is the compass, I could be going north and it will tell me i'm going SW, hell I can turn 360 degrees and it won't change, then suddenly it starts to work again, on other times it sits there and flashs, does anyone else have the similar problem or is mine just shot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you were to come in July you would catch the Calgary Stampede, if possible you should try to make that. As for August, not much going on other the people heading the mountains to enjoy them, as for the Flames if this lockout out does'nt end I don't think we'll be seeing much of the flames anytime soon! As for my compass I must have a crapped out one, going to bring it up at my first oil change.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine works fine. However, I've seen what you are referring to where it just flashes and then returns to normal after a while. Not sure what causes it. Check the manual, I think there is a procedure that sets the compass if it is not working properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts