Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone!!! I'm Jok and I reside in Makati City in the Phillipines, I had a trip to Davao last month and there I saw the kia avella running in the city. There are a lot of them there and some of them were made as taxi's but to my surprise they are not available in metro manila, i wonder why :(
... my friend told me that the units I see in Davao City are the so called surplus cars being shipped from Korea to Mindanao, I would like to have one because i like the looks of the car :rolleyes: and I was told that they are very economical in terms of fuel consumption. I believe these models have already been phased out by Kia Motors and I'm just curious if we can still avail of the parts specially here in the metro manila area. Are avella parts similar to kia pride's? if kia pride parts can be used for the avella then there will be no problem in the availability here in manila.

Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by jok@Oct 26 2004, 04:34 PM

Hi everyone!!! I'm Jok and I reside in Makati City in the Phillipines, I had a trip to Davao last month and there I saw the kia avella running in the city. There are a lot of them there and some of them were made as taxi's but to my surprise they are not available in metro manila, i wonder why :(
... my friend told me that the units I see in Davao City are the so called surplus cars being shipped from Korea to Mindanao, I would like to have one because i like the looks of the car :rolleyes: and I was told that they are very economical in terms of fuel consumption. I believe these models have already been phased out by Kia Motors and I'm just curious if we can still avail of the parts specially here in the metro manila area. Are avella parts similar to kia pride's? if kia pride parts can be used for the avella then there will be no problem in the availability here in manila.

Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by mujahidat@Nov 10 2004, 06:30 AM

hi. it's my first time to join this forum in my effort to know more about a car that i saw last year that i knew at first sight was the car for me. i say it's this is the people's car of our time.

jok is the second person that i know who mentioned that they haven't seen the model in manila. my friend is getting one for herself.

yh, there are lots of avellas here in dvo, and got mine just three weeks ago. it fulfilled my first requirement of fuel efficiency -- the (Korean?) inspection sticker stated 17.6 kms/liter. So far i in the last two weeks it just hovered around 14-16. good enough 4me.

it has everything i wanted: an engine still in tiptop condition, power windows, power steering, well-balanced wheel, car stereo, roomy seats, roomy luggage compartments, and most of all (for someone who just learned to drive a week after I got it) -- im doing pretty well: just tried my capacity of 120kph a few times in the 214-km Davao-Cotabato stretch.

jok, at p150-160k it's a good buy. and oh, with the surplus shops here there's no worry about kia spare parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) hi, thanks for the info! sori for the late reply here... ey mujahidat! guess what? i'm buying my avella soon, my friend in davao told me this week we can get my avella for Php140K!!!! i really wish i can drive home that avella, i want to have it reconditioned A1 for my wife...

how's your unit so far? :rolleyes: i'm kind a excited to see my avella!!!

my friend got his for only Php100K and he repainted it using anzahl paint, he is very much satisfied until now with the performance of the avella.. B)

Originally posted by mujahidat@Nov 10 2004, 07:49 AM
hi. it's my first time to join this forum in my effort to know more about a car that i saw last year that i knew at first sight was the car for me. i say it's this is the people's car of our time.

jok is the second person that i know who mentioned that they haven't seen the model in manila. my friend is getting one for herself.

yh, there are lots of avellas here in dvo, and got mine just three weeks ago. it fulfilled my first requirement of fuel efficiency -- the (Korean?) inspection sticker stated 17.6 kms/liter. So far i in the last two weeks it just hovered around 14-16. good enough 4me.

it has everything i wanted: an engine still in tiptop condition, power windows, power steering, well-balanced wheel, car stereo, roomy seats, roomy luggage compartments, and most of all (for someone who just learned to drive a week after I got it) -- im doing pretty well: just tried my capacity of 120kph a few times in the 214-km Davao-Cotabato stretch.

jok, at p150-160k it's a good buy. and oh, with the surplus shops here there's no worry about kia spare parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hard to see an avella here in Korea anymore.

If you want parts and perhaps modifications, you'll be happy to know that parts are still abundant in places in Europe, as the Ford fiesta is just a rebadged version of the avella. (provided we are talking of the same older model).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here. I want to buy a Kia Picanto but I saw this thread. How can I get one of these Avellas? Can I order this from someone in particular or do I have to have a friend/contact in Davao? Any other place in Mindanao where these are available? Thanks in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts