Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX - FWD V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in NJ and about to purchase a 2013 Sorento EX, 6 cyl, FWD (tuff decision), with the Limited and Premium Packages (Sun Roof and Nav System)... it also has
Wheel locks and the Rear Bumper Protector. The price out the door I'm getting from the dealer is $31,831... seems like a fair price, but I'd appreciate comments from anyone who has bought or researched a similar vehicle.

Also, the above price includes $399 for NJ motor vehicle fees... this seems excessive. I went to the DMV website, but can't make much sense of their fees (what a surprise!!). Can anyone comment if this reasonable.

Thanks in advance

Tom

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I did quite a bit better than that. I didn't buy (and didn't want) the nav system, but I did get AWD. I used Jack Daniels Kia in Fairlawn. You'll pay extra for nav, but not for AWD? Any smartphone worth it's salt these days has a better nav system than most OEM car nav systems. Bluetooth + any decent smartphone = much more accurate and up-to-date nav system. Just sayin.. :)

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX - FWD V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wife wants the Nav... so for by default, the Nav and Sunroof are STANDARD equipment.. where the AWD is and optional... if you get my point :)

Did you get the Sun Roof package in your EX??

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
well you mentioned out the door price but what is the price you will pay before any incentives i think there is a $1500 cash back and a $1000 competitive bonus and any other fees.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX - FWD V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The price with the Limited and Premium Packages, Wheel Locks and NO Incentives applied is $30,919.... then there is a $349 doc fee, $399 DMV fees, and $2,164 sales tax (total is then reduced by 2 incentives @ $1000 each) = $31,831

·
Registered
Wife- 2013 Sorento EX FWD, Me- 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
27 Posts
My out the door for the same exact car without the wheel locks and protector was 31237. This also included the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty. We paid about 1000 for that. I would have liked to have tried for better but the car was extremely hard to find. With the options listed above and the interior and exterior color combinations that we wanted, the next closest car was near Atlanta (and we live in Chicago). I had found the car at one dealer and the closer dealer actually traded to get it for us. Our two salesmen said they had never seen the Sorento with the color combination that we have (white exterior with camel interior).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, oops. I forgot we had a trade in that we got 1250 for. So I guess that pretty much cancels out the warranty.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX - FWD V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My out the door for the same exact car without the wheel locks and protector was 31237. This also included the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty. We paid about 1000 for that. I would have liked to have tried for better but the car was extremely hard to find. With the options listed above and the interior and exterior color combinations that we wanted, the next closest car was near Atlanta (and we live in Chicago). I had found the car at one dealer and the closer dealer actually traded to get it for us. Our two salesmen said they had never seen the Sorento with the color combination that we have (white exterior with camel interior).
Thanks Piper... seems like I'm $500 to $600 more than you. I know $200 of that is in doc fees... not sure how your trade-in was handled, so maybe we're close. But I'm in the same position as you... we want a Silver FWD with a 6 cyl and there is 1 within 200 miles of us... the dealer has to trade to get it... he won't drop his price anymore and I have no leverage (except not to buy).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Piper... seems like I'm $500 to $600 more than you. I know $200 of that is in doc fees... not sure how your trade-in was handled, so maybe we're close. But I'm in the same position as you... we want a Silver FWD with a 6 cyl and there is 1 within 200 miles of us... the dealer has to trade to get it... he won't drop his price anymore and I have no leverage (except not to buy).
I think it is pretty close. Our doc fee was relatively low as Illinois has a law where every dealer has the same fee they can charge. I wish I could look it up but I'm on the road right now but I want to say it is around 125 or so. Our tax rate is 7.25 as well. So I think the prices are relatively comparable.

Also, if your dealer is getting the car from far away, they may need to charge you a fee for doing so. Luckily for us, our car was originally only 10 miles away from our dealer. We actually test drove it and wanted a price for it but that dealer was such a pain to deal with, we were so pissed off that we refused to buy it from them. It's a nice car and worth the money to get exactly what you want.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX - FWD V6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked up the max Doc fees for IL... it's $155 (as of 06/2011)... NJ has no max, so I'm hit with $349. And yes, my dealer has to get it from about 150 miles away... so that's additional cost for me.

Thanks for the info... it helped.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
I looked up the max Doc fees for IL... it's $155 (as of 06/2011)... NJ has no max, so I'm hit with $349. And yes, my dealer has to get it from about 150 miles away... so that's additional cost for me.

Thanks for the info... it helped.
try negotiating that $349 doc fees down its all Negotiable!!! call the dealer thats 150 miles away and see kind of a deal that they can give you and you can save extra delivery fee .

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Wife wants the Nav... so for by default, the Nav and Sunroof are STANDARD equipment.. where the AWD is and optional... if you get my point :)

Did you get the Sun Roof package in your EX??
Heh. Ah yes, the wife requirements. :) Yes, we got the sunroof as well. It also came with the "LED internal lighting" kit which I thought looked pretty cheesy (and I have it turned off). I told them I'd rather order a car and wait than pay for that so they discounted that from the price entirely. It was also the end of the month and this was sitting on the lot. I suspect that gave me a bit more bargaining power.

Best,

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza SXL Smokey Blue/white
359 Posts
Not a bad price. Once you agree on the price, tell them you want things like cargo cover or all weather mats to close the deal, they usually will throw that in for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Heh. Ah yes, the wife requirements. :) Yes, we got the sunroof as well. It also came with the "LED internal lighting" kit which I thought looked pretty cheesy (and I have it turned off). I told them I'd rather order a car and wait than pay for that so they discounted that from the price entirely. It was also the end of the month and this was sitting on the lot. I suspect that gave me a bit more bargaining power.

Best,
Yeah we have the LED internal lighting as well and have also turned it off. We don't mind the lights by the door handles but the lights on the floor are just stupid.

We would have loved to have ordered our car but we were told Kia doesn't offer that option. So when we found the car with everything we wanted, we really had to move on it.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX AWD
34 Posts
I bought my 2012 sorento SX AWD a month agon fully loaded with the nav and all the bells and whistles from cargo net to ambient lighting for a total out of the door for $33800, this includes NJ tax and an $800 gap insurance. I think you might be able to do a little bit better but again it all depends on you and a salesman that really wants to sell you a car

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
I bought my 2012 sorento SX AWD a month agon fully loaded with the nav and all the bells and whistles from cargo net to ambient lighting for a total out of the door for $33800, this includes NJ tax and an $800 gap insurance. I think you might be able to do a little bit better but again it all depends on you and a salesman that really wants to sell you a car
+1 how bad the salesman wants sale and a big factor is ones negotiating skills.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts