Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a new car and I am looking at the 2011 Kia Sportage. Ive read that the seats are very firm and uncomfortable and that because of the small size of the rear view mirror it can be hard to see things behind you if you dont have the backup camera. Any one have anything to say on these issues? Have you taken it on long road trips, is your bum/back sore afterwards? How about feeling all bumps and lumps in the road as your drive? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage, EX w/ Nav
3 Posts
I just purchased a 2011 Sportage EX and I love it. I can honestly say the seats and the rear visibility are not bad. The seats are pretty comfortable in my opinion, and the back window fits perfectly in the rearview mirror. I do have the backup camera on mine, which does help in terms of seeing things lower than the back window, but I don't really look at it as much as I thought I would when in reverse, just the normal drill*check the back window, side windows, etc.*

I was previously driving a 1999 Honda CRV, which had a super bumpy ride, so I am used to it in a sense, but the Sportage drives a lot smoother. (I have heard that if you opt for the smaller rims, the tires are bigger and will add some cushion to the ride.)

Definitely go check it out if it’s on your list, it’s worth a test drive! Good luck car shopping! :)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage and 2009 Kia Optima
8 Posts
I have a 2011 Kia Sportage EX AWD. The rear window has never been a complaint of mine...you end up getting used to it, then when you drive other cars the back window feels to big! (no backup camera) The seats dont bother me either...longest trip is maybe 4 hours that I have taken with it. The ride is def bumpy and sometimes annoying...another thing you get used to though. I would def recommend test driving all the competition because its a big purchase and you want to make sure you love it. My favorite thing about mine is the gas mileage...I get between 28-30 mpg most tanks.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sportage LX AWD
35 Posts
the rear window takes some getting used to if you're used to a large rear window but it's not too bad. seat comfort has not been an issue for me.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX AWD
117 Posts
first off, remember this is a suv/cuv so it rides stiff like a truck..

i have a 2012 LX AWD with the 17" rims and backup sound sensors only. as i previously stated, the ride is stiff and feels like a truck/suv should. it does ride a little rough going through pot holes which isn't a deal breaker for me. i'm average height/weight and have taken it on a couple of long trips (330 miles each way), and the seats are fine. a friend who rode in the passenger seat is easily over 6'/200+lbs and had no issues with seats being uncomfortable either.

the rear window on the other hand took a while to get used to it. i had a 4runner before and they have huge windows all around so visibility was never an issue. the sportage backup sound sensors are helpful, but it's not a substitute for looking out all the windows and using the side mirrors. when i look and listen i don't have a problem backing up.

good luck and happy shopping!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
I came from an Audi A4 to my 2011 SX so yeah, the seats aren't as comfortable but, they aren't bad. I've driven the 2012 EX too and they were the same. Once you position the seat correctly for yourself and set the lumbar support you should be fine.

The rear window also took me a bit of time to get used to. But, as others have said, not a deal breaker. Mirror works great and if you have the cam and/or sensors there's absolutely no issue. But, even without, you will be fine.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
The seats are "comfortable enough", I only get a bit of numb butt over a 4-1/2 hour drive. *Now that I think of that, a seat that doesn't make me sore and completely uncomfortable is pretty good, I can't even sit in a decent movie theater seat for over 1 hour without getting an extremely sore butt...and don't get me going on those "leather" airplane seats!* I wish the seats had more bolstering though. If you take corner quick you slide all over the place lol.

The rear window is smallish, but there aren't many CUVs with good rearward visibility anyway, it is a trait with the class unfortunately.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only thing that I don't really like is the high window sills at the ATMs. There is also a lot of wind noise over 80mph. :cool:

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Rear window is useful enough. Sure it is small, but it exists. Besides, that is why you adjust your side mirrors properly. I only use my rear view to see how close tailgaters are.

The seats are fine too. I have been in better seats and worse seats. They certainly aren't made by La-Z-Boy, but then again I am coming out of some sports cars, so they are comfy IMO.

Hey, anyone else notice that cars have super tall roofs in your rear view due to the curve in the rear glass? Ha ha ha, I kept thinking Popemobiles were behind me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts