Kia Forum banner

Color Harmony

626 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  younothat
Hello All,

Brand new member here, you can call me JT. I bought a 23 Sportage Gravity Gray at the end of January and have absolutely loved it so far. I just noticed that the bumpers are quite a bit darker than the body of the car. Haven't really noticed it until now as I work the night shift and it's been raining alot here lately.

I called the dealership where I purchased and they were beating around the bush about it saying they typically don't or can't do anything. I work in an auto manufacturing plant where color harmony is a pretty big deal. I can't unsee it now.

Thoughts?
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Color harmony really should be one of the priorities, but I don't think Kia can ever match it perfectly since the panel pieces come from the supplier already painted and the body is painted at the assembly plant. Hell, the degree of difference vary from vehicle to vehicle, depending on which batch/lot the part is made from.
Reactions: 1
Yes, that is exactly how it works at the plant I'm at.. on line quality has a check for color harmony and if there is a question they will send it to a special area of the plant where a computer can match the colors to see whether or not it's within the threshold.

Think theres any point in me pushing the issue about this?

Color harmony really should be one of the priorities, but I don't think Kia can ever match it perfectly since the panel pieces come from the supplier already painted and the body is painted at the assembly plant. Hell, the degree of difference vary from vehicle to vehicle, depending on which batch/lot the part is made from.
Yes, that is exactly how it works at the plant I'm at.. on line quality has a check for color harmony and if there is a question they will send it to a special area of the plant where a computer can match the colors to see whether or not it's within the threshold.

Think theres any point in me pushing the issue about this?
I'd say no. If the factory passes the vehicles like this, the dealership surely won't do anything. It's likely that since there is no "damage" per se, it won't be under warranty either. Even by a chance in a million that they did something about it, there is of course, a chance that you'll receive a replacement part that's even a worse match, lol
If you pay attention there are lots of cars that the metal and plastic pieces colors do not match all that close from almost all manufacturers.
Yeah not that best matching.

In comparison our Steel Gray hybrid model that we've had for two months has almost prefect color harmony.

The dealer we bought from had one Steel Grey and one Gravity Grey and we noticed that the color matching was off a slight bit off on the Gravity so we went with the Steel Grey instead.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts