Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf has a 99 Sephia and we live in boston. Everytime the temp goes below 20, the car will not start. It cranks and cranks and cranks. Then when the temp goes up a bit it will start. It was fine all summer/fall but now that its cold this is a pain in the but issue.

First I thought her gas lines were frozen, so I've been having her put in Dry Gas on every fill up. Last night it went down to 5 degress.

Yep again this morning it would not start. It cranks and cranks and cranks. I kept cranking for about 15 minutes until finally it sputtered a bit. A few more cranks and it started.

My first indication would be the Fuel pump is freezing up, but that isn't hte cheapest of parts on these cars. Has anyone ever heard of this.

The previous owner has a slip in the car that the : 0K2A5 20180A DAMPER-PULSATION was replaced so I think they were having the same problem too and thought it was something near the injectors.

The car does sit on a hill with the engine higher than the tank so maybe gravity is doint something too. I want to check on the fuel filter maybe it has junk in it. So my secondary question is which way do you go to look at the fuel filter. From under the car or from under the seat. (I don't have the manual yet).

thanks
steve
99 Kia Sephia

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by poffy74@Jan 18 2005, 03:34 PM
My gf has a 99 Sephia and we live in boston. Everytime the temp goes below 20, the car will not start. It cranks and cranks and cranks. Then when the temp goes up a bit it will start. It was fine all summer/fall but now that its cold this is a pain in the but issue.

First I thought her gas lines were frozen, so I've been having her put in Dry Gas on every fill up. Last night it went down to 5 degress.

Yep again this morning it would not start. It cranks and cranks and cranks. I kept cranking for about 15 minutes until finally it sputtered a bit. A few more cranks and it started.

My first indication would be the Fuel pump is freezing up, but that isn't hte cheapest of parts on these cars. Has anyone ever heard of this.

The previous owner has a slip in the car that the : 0K2A5 20180A DAMPER-PULSATION was replaced so I think they were having the same problem too and thought it was something near the injectors.

The car does sit on a hill with the engine higher than the tank so maybe gravity is doint something too. I want to check on the fuel filter maybe it has junk in it. So my secondary question is which way do you go to look at the fuel filter. From under the car or from under the seat. (I don't have the manual yet).

thanks
steve
99 Kia Sephia
I pmed ya with your awsner to your pm to me!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts