·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a spectre cold air intake on my spectra and its amazing! sounds aggresive and gave me better acceleration, gas mileage kinda went down alittle bit, but performance wise, its great.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bought it from the same company? It fit with no issues? I want to get one, and would prefer not have to modify anything.

I bought a CAI for my elantra (when I had it) and I had to cut away some of the engine bay to get the piping to fit properly. I also bought it from ebay.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio SX Hatchback 6 speed Manual
43 Posts
Got mine off eBay for $80 bolted right up gave better sound performance you wouldn't notice

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio SX Hatchback 6 speed Manual
43 Posts
I used a zip tie to keep it from moving instead of the nuts and bolts so I didn't check for fit ment issues but its perfect the way it is maybe ill finish the full install sometime but idk

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
I just received my Turbokits.com CAI for the Veloster to see if it will fully fit the Rio. I'll be installing and video recording it this coming weekend. I got the black powder coated version and it looks awesome, great quality.

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
I just received my Turbokits.com CAI for the Veloster to see if it will fully fit the Rio. I'll be installing and video recording it this coming weekend. I got the black powder coated version and it looks awesome, great quality.
Nice I was looking at the turbokits but for its price you can get an injen setup :/

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
TK better, comes with heat shroud to block engine bay heat from filter. Injen is open to heat from engine.

·
Registered
384 Posts
TK better, comes with heat shroud to block engine bay heat from filter. Injen is open to heat from engine.
Autoanything comes with a free hydroshield for Injen system you can get the CAI or SRI for around 185 to anywhere in States shipped

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
Don't need a hydro shield for the TK system since the filter sits around the same height as the stock filter. It has a tube that also runs lower into the wheel well to pull cooler air during idle but also pulls air from the heatshielded area and also uses a part of the stock air intake which feeds cooler air into the shielded box. Nice design they did.
Their dyno graph shows a decent increase in HP and Torque. I had a TK CAI in my previous 2010 Forte Koup so I trust their quality and support.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't need a hydro shield for the TK system since the filter sits around the same height as the stock filter. It has a tube that also runs lower into the wheel well to pull cooler air during idle but also pulls air from the heatshielded area and also uses a part of the stock air intake which feeds cooler air into the shielded box. Nice design they did.
Their dyno graph shows a decent increase in HP and Torque. I had a TK CAI in my previous 2010 Forte Koup so I trust their quality and support.
Then the weekend cant come faster! How much did you get it for? any discount?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts