Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over google for a cold air intake for my 1999 4cyl Sportage. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage EX 4x4 auto
137 Posts
i got one off ebay for about $80 with a K&N filter not sure if it helped much but made it louder

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't notice a difference in atleast fuel efficiency?

Also, I can't seem to find one on eBay...What exactly did you search?

·
Registered
137 Posts
check out ebay #8018210820 this is just like the one i bought but i got one with a K/N filter same contents though. The reason the sportage isnt listed is because on my 2000 there is a plug that is on the factory air box that i had to put on the new intake (had to drill a hole in the new chrome aluminum shaft to mount the plug on the intake) it only took about 10 minutes (drill and mount sensor) to do this and about 30 minutes total to install completely. I put a little bit of epoxy (i got the epoxy at walmart)around the plug so that it wouldnt back out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you guys running the Intakes out of the engine bay? Or just leaving the cones in the engine bay to suck up hot air?

We have an actual "bolt on" CAI available for the sportage, that requires no modification.

I have been running it on my sportage for about a month, and I haven't thrown a CEL or had any problems. Its great. Noticable gains, and the sounds is nice but not overbearing.

~Vince

·
Registered
137 Posts
Vin do you have a website? how much for the tube without the filter?mine is inside the engine bay yes sucking up the hot air very loud tooalmost tempted to dynomat the interior to quiet it down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We are selling complete CAI kits, includes the tubing, air filter, all neccessary clamps (and other hardware), as well as the radiator reseivoir relocation bracket.

I will post pics sometime today, along with a price if you are interested.

We should have a website up in the near future, with a full catalogue of parts for the sportage.

~Vince

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm very interested! Today is the first time I've really taken a look at the stock induction system and it sucks. The air has to travel a long way to get to the engine...Like there's the intake, then it has to travel through some corners like 2-3 feet to the air filter, then like another 2-3 feet to the engine...it's ridiculous!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts