Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking for a cold air intake for my 2011 Sportage 2.4L but no one makes one. So I had my turbokits.com cold air intake laying around from my previous car which was a 2011 Forte Koup SX that I traded in because of expanding our family and needed a bigger vehicle. So I used the tk.com intake on the Sportage and works perfectly. The Sportage 2.4 is the same motor as the Forte 2.4 so I figured it'll be the same size intake tubing and length. The only modification I had to do to the intake was that I had to cut it into 3 sections in order to have the cone filter sit low in the engine bay just above the bottom plastic splash shield. Also used the mounting rubber grommet that came with the turbokits.com intake by securing and bolting it onto the intake and other end to the battery tray on the Sportage to prevent the intake from moving to much when the engine revs and rocks. Also the Forte 2.4 intake has one hose for the recirculation crank case breather but the Sportage has two so I just used a T-fitting dorman help product and extra hose to have it go back into the aftermarket intake. Had the cold air intake on the Sportage for awhile now and no engine light no problems what's so ever, and sounds really sweet!

Check out my picture album to see how it looks like.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well took off the custom cold air intake and put the stock intake but removed the resonator muffs on the stock intake to have more direct air into the motor. The custom intake filter was wet due to rain and noticed the water and dirt on the cone filter caused it to shrivel up and noticed some heat soak in performance screw those true cold air intakes. Now with the stock intake but removed silencers it feels more sponky and no heat soak and no worrying of water on the filter!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts