Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've ever worked or disconnected the plug in clips from the coil pack, where the plug wires come off, you've probably broken or distroyed the little plugs.
Kia wants about 700 for a new wire loop for just these 2 plugs.
If you just need those 2 plug in clips, get Kia part # 27310 2Y052, wiring assy-ignition coil. It has the 2 plugs-clips needed to replace those broken.
You can clip the new ones off, butt joint and shrink wrap the connections and wala they plug right in.. Just be sure you get the wires in the correct order when they came off and plug in. This part cost 32 compared to the 700 ...
I just did mine and they worked great..

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
search the post here one guy figured out what the connector was and where to get it check it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you've ever worked or disconnected the plug in clips from the coil pack, where the plug wires come off, you've probably broken or distroyed the little plugs.
Kia wants about 700 for a new wire loop for just these 2 plugs.
If you just need those 2 plug in clips, get Kia part # 27310 2Y052, wiring assy-ignition coil. It has the 2 plugs-clips needed to replace those broken.
You can clip the new ones off, butt joint and shrink wrap the connections and wala they plug right in.. Just be sure you get the wires in the correct order when they came off and plug in. This part cost 32 compared to the 700 ...
I just did mine and they worked great..

Thanks for your posting.
I have 05 rio, is it the same connector/harness? Only need to cut make it shorter, right?

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio
280 Posts
Thanks for your posting.
I have 05 rio, is it the same connector/harness? Only need to cut make it shorter, right?
Hi, NathanW. I just went through a horrible time with a 2002 Kia Rio Coil and plugs problems. Ended up buying a new coil pack because I broke one of the male terminals in the number 4 of 1/4 side even being so careful. It is a real pain to work on, and I eventually had to go to an electronics store and buy two little female connectors to go into the coil pack male connector. And, after all this.....car still will not run correctly. Shoot.

·
Registered
04 Kia Rio Cinco
10 Posts
This is great info as My 04 Cinco plugs were brittle & fell apart so I jury rigged connectors. I called a dealer here & the part is $27.00 & will be here this week. Thanks for reviving this post!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts