Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check engine light came on yesterday. where is the connection for the reader on on 2007 kia rio.

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok im getting the =evap high purge flow valve code. where do i start on this, where is the valve and is there a way to test it.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
ok im getting the =evap high purge flow valve code. where do i start on this, where is the valve and is there a way to test it.
You probably got a P0496. The Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV) is mounted behind the throttle body. The usual testing method is to use the Kia scan tool to actuate it and check for clicking or applying 5 volts and checking the plunger for movement. Be careful, it is difficult to remove and you'll probably split the hose before you get it loose from the PCSV.

Location of PCSV

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the pics, perfect. fixed it yesterday. your right about trying to remove the hose from the manifold, ended up removing the hoses from the valve instead. code reader said it was bad, checked it with a vacuum pump, didnt hold vacuum. read where there is two ways of checking it, first put a vacuum to the manifold side then see if it hold 7hg, if it does then put voltage to it and see if it doesnt hold vacuum, well seeing as it didnt hold vacuum without voltage there was no need to go any further. had to go to kia dealership to get a new one, cheaper than checker, and would think better. talked to a friend whos a mech about this valve, thought it opened as soon as key was turned on but he says the computer tells it when to open. anyway it code reader said it was bad and it checked bad. i took the old one apart, friend said to check to see if there was anything in it, charcoal canister could be breaking down, did that and could see that the rubber seal inside wasnt seating tightly any more.

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a added note. a friend of mine, who is a certified mech. told me to cut the old one open and look inside to see why it went bad. he says that sometimes the charcoal canister can break down and therefore suck bit of charcoal into it, clogging it. i checked and saw no signs of that, but this is good to know. otherwise you replace it and wonder why the new one goes bad a few months later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts