Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2.5crdi sorento 7 weeks ago back and for up to london from wales and i have noticed that my clutch peddle has to be three quarters down before i am able to change gear is this right, or is there a problem, the clutch peddle also feels quite stiff

·
Registered
79 Posts
How does it compare to the test drive. I've had a long pedal throw on other vehicles and it was fine on them but it may be different on an SUV.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can't remember went for a test drive in feb bought the car end of march seemed ok at first but not sure now i had a santa fe before the sorento and it was a great gear change on that just about half way down with the peddle i will just keep an eye on it and see what happens

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,
my new sorento diesel (sept 04) also has the biting point on the clutch 3/4 way down, i have noticed that the biting point seems to be getting lower, i have also noticed on 2 occassions a burning smell from the clutch, so i am wondering if the clutch needs adjusting.
I was just wondering if your clutch has improved? Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mike no it's still the same no burning smell that i have noticed could you let me know what the garage say if you take yours in regards phil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Phil,
I will keep you updated. Do you have any other problems with your car, any recalls etc? The only problems I have had are the recognised hard ride, I have lowered the air pressure in the tyres, which has helped a little. I have also hasd to have a new speedometer, which is electronic and situated on the gearbox. Apart from that ok. Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No probs like that when i had the car in march the clock was u.s and the sat nav was not working both changed and working ok but i did buy another sat nav with a built in dvd player and having two rear screens fitted this week will keep the kids happy the ride seems ok very smooth and dosn't feel hard at all.phil

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
I have a 2004 Sori 3.5 LX and have had clutch problems for the last 7 or 8 months. It has under 25k mile and has had problems for quite a while. I have not had the time to take it into the dealer to have it looked at but now that I have they are saying it is going to cost around $1200 to have it fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts