Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio 5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clutch replacement/tranny removal 2007 rio5 help!

I'm having quite the difficult time removing the tranny to get at the clutch. Does anyone have any knowledge of this procedure? Any tricks or methods to removing the tranny? Or we don't need to remove it at all? Steps to take would be great. Or just point me somewhere that would know. I downloaded a shop manual for it but that was no help. I have some photos of the tranny removed and the destroyed throw out bearing as well as a couple photos of the cheap plastic internals of the slave clutch cylinder. Kia's is plastic. The new one is aluminum. Leave an email and I'll send u a couple.
Update: Got everything back together. Finally. If anyone needs any tips as you won't find any online just leave me an email. Thx

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio 5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finished! Tranny apart, clutch out, replaced, replaced slave clutch cylinder, put it all back together. Found tranny oil drain plug, level plug, and filler port. All in all it works and probably saved around $2500 in costs from a garage.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Ria manual
2 Posts
Would you mind explain how you got the box out. I've seperated everything, box is sitting on a jack ready to come out. I cant see how theres enough room to get box past sub frame and pressure plate. Would appreciate any tips or advice. Thanks for any advice offered
Dean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts