Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento 2.5 4x4 cdi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please advice, i own a 2005 kia sorento 2.5 4x4 cdi. 230 00km. Beginning of the year I took my car to a mechanic for a service I asked that they take a look at the clutch cause the clutch pedal was soft. The mechani said after the service I should start saving to replace the clutch but in the meantime he "tightened "it. My car was fine afterwardsand the clutch responded well and I didnt have to push the pedal i far for the clutch to engage. 6 months later my gears struggled to go into lower gears without some pressure on the gears and after 3 weeks the clutch failed completely, mechanic changed seals on the sleave cylinder. Two weeks layer same thing, gears struggled to go into lower gears, mechanic replaced the entire sleave cylinder as well as its fittings. He also replaced myclutch.one month later my gears are struggling to go into gears, i have to break, press the clutch down again and change gears. The pedal is soft and i can only feel pressure almost to the floor. Kia says i need to replace pressure place and the dual flywheel. Had a friend have a look again, he replaced fluid and saw the sleave cylinder is leaking. My concern is sleave cylinder has been replaced in full a month ago, there is no sounds coming from the clutch or gears, the only sympton is the clutch is soft. Could the first mechanic who 'tightened'whatever damaged anything? Dual flywheel is very expensive.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,694 Posts
You could get a solid flywheel (aftermarket) replacement for the dual mass flywheel. iirc the kit includes a new pressure plate. given the mileage it seems like replacing parts piecemeal would be a false saving. If the slave is leaking (again) your mechanic probably owes you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts