Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: :angry:

hello,

i bought a 2004 sorento and from the very beginning it presented malfunction on the temperature indicator going up to the third level and back to normal state back and forth for no reason. kia dealer had to reprogram the entire computer system.
now the car is presenting a lost on engine power when driving. dealer says that the clutch needs to be fixed and no warranty will be honor since it is the result of bad driving technics. the car has almost 40K km. this is my third standard gear car (more than 6 years driving Mazda and Suzuki) and the first time someone tells me i don`t know how to drive.

hope someone reads this note and has some advice...

Robert

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
A loss of engine power??? If it's the clutch then it must be slipping. Is that the way it feels? The engine RPM would rise and the car wouldn't move as much as it should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when driving and shifting gears it feels like it is hard to change from second gear to third from third to fouth and so on.. after a while it drives just fine, specially on open road...

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
I'd go and get a second opinion. It sounds like the clutch is not disengaging all the way. You may just need the clutch system bled or the pedal adjusted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I purchased a new 2004 Kia Sorento back in August of 04. We went with Kia because of the price, value, and the attractive warranty. Unfortunately after 37K miles the clutch began to start making noise and our local dealership said it was because "we were riding the clutch." This was a shock because during our 16 years of marriage we have always had 5-speed vehicles and we have never worn out a clutch before.

Our local dealership would not help us and said to replace the clutch would cost $1,111.14. We were surprised that a vehicle with such low mileage that was driven exclusively by two experienced manual drivers would wear out so soon – and would not be covered by the 10/100k warranty.

So now the SUV we bought for $19k has turned into a vehicle that is $20k. In another 37k miles it will turn into a $21k vehicle because the same two people will be driving this Sorento with the same low quality clutch.

Again, we bought a Kia over every other SUV in our price range because of the piece of mind we obtained with the warranty. We asked Kia to pay for this and to stand behind it’s brand and "commitment to surpassing customer expectations" as stated on their Website. We were denied by both our local dealership and Kia Corporate.

We now plan to have the clutch repaired and then we’re going to dump it and move on to something else. I really thought they would pay for the clutch to retain a satisfied customer, now however I’ll never buy a Kia (or recommend one) again.

This was a very bad experience.

·
Registered
2006 3.5 Sorento 4x4
1,047 Posts
legand 72 ...so you had a 2 ton truck drove it fo 37000 miles without a problem and now you need a new clutch ....thats under a dolar a day for repairs ...how long did you think the clutch would last .....its not on the warrantee because they wear like brake pads ...why not get a private clutch shop to fit you a Lockheed or similar if you think the original is substandard...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts