Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 kia Sorento
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just bought a 2011 sorento manual transmission. Drove it for about 60mi no problem. Then after our last stop the clutch pedal lost all response and cant shift into gear. Now for some details. If I turn it of and put it in gear and start it it lunges forward and will take off. Have to slam into 2nd but havent tried a higher gear. I checked brake fluid reservoir and it was empty. Filled it with no change. Why did it work just fine then all the sudden stop... please help. Do i need to bleed the clutch line

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
636 Posts
Sounds like the slave cylinder blew out. Don't try to drive like you describe or you will blow your trans! Slave cylinder is down by the clutch housing. Might be time for some professional assistance.....

·
Registered
2011 kia Sorento
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went out and pumped clutch with car on and now there is puddle of fluid under car..?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,633 Posts
Sounds like the slave cylinder blew out. Don't try to drive like you describe or you will blow your trans! Slave cylinder is down by the clutch housing. Might be time for some professional assistance.....
Went out and pumped clutch with car on and now there is puddle of fluid under car..?
That would be confirmation that the slave cylinder is gone.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
636 Posts
Not 100% certain on your model. You'll need to crawl under and take a peek.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts