Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 2.5 CRDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day. I have a Sorento 2.5 CRDI and the clutch decided its time for a new one. I live in Mossel Bay and I can't find a clutch anywhere. I only want to replace the clutch kit at the moment and not the flywheel. Everybody I phoned can offer me a clutch (on order) but I need to make sure it is the correct one. As far as what I could read up it needs to be double clutch or something like that. Is there anybody here that can please give me some pointers on where I can buy the correct clutch kit for my car? I am willing to get a courier to pick it up for me as long as I know it is the correct part. I would really appreciate some help. Thank you

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,015 Posts
Is yours a dual mass flywheel or a Dual Clutch Transmission (DTC) ?

Post the last 8 digits of your VIN and @cobra259 might be able to identify what you need, but unlikely he'll be able to recommend a supplier in your location, other that the Kia dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is yours a dual mass flywheel or a Dual Clutch Transmission (DTC) ?

Post the last 8 digits of your VIN and @cobra259 might be able to identify what you need, but unlikely he'll be able to recommend a supplier in your location, other that the Kia dealership.
I have absolutely no idea. 65616785 is the last 8 digits of the VIN number. I really hope this will be able to help.

The one person I spoke to said it is a "2 stadium koppelaar". So I assume then DTC?

·
Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
2,007 Posts
It's a dual mass flywheel. Very limited value in replacing clutch alone, unfortunately as the flywheels have a habit of being weak point and dealers will always quote for replacement as a unit. There did used to be available aftermarket standard clutch/flywheel replacement kits which I would go for if it were me. (The dmf was essentially designed to damp out vibrations - which I never knew was an issue .......) But then, I drive an automatic!

·
Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
2,007 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Day, can someone please tell me if you can adjust the clutch on a a KIA Sorento 2.5 CRDI 2006 model? I know from my other cars that you can actually adjust the clutch pedal. Can you do the same with the Sorento? Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts